Take Action Against Attacks on Human Rights
With the myriad of systematic attacks on human rights lately—from the assault on reproductive rights to migrant detention and deportation to threats to health care access—it’s time to channel your anger and take action.
Actions to Take this Week with Your Money or Time If you have 5 minutes, you can take the following actions:
- Last week, state Senator Dan McCay rallied with other state lawmakers and the new extreme anti-abortion group, Abortion-Free Utah, at the Utah State Capitol to speak out against a person’s constitutional right to make the private decision to have an abortion—sign this petition to make it clear that Utahns demand continued access to safe and legal abortion in Utah
- Submit a comment in support of full Medicaid expansion by June 30th to emphasize how important it is for all Utahns to have access to critical health care coverage and encourage our state government to rescind its harmful proposal
- Register to vote for the upcoming municipal election so that your voice is heard in the local government decisions that affect you the most
If your Wednesday and Thursday nights are free, then join us for our Democratic Debate Watch Party at our Salt Lake City administrative office!
If you are able to donate, you can do the following:
- Contribute to the ‘Fight Back’ campaign organized by GoFundMe benefitting 5 organizations in order to fund the movement to protect access to safe, legal abortion and encourage legislative bodies to take steps to protect reproductive rights
- Support migrant children and families by donating to RAICES (Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services) which is a 501c3 nonprofit that does critical work in providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees
Finally, if you’re ready to take your engagement with Planned Parenthood in Utah to the next level, apply for our next volunteer orientation in August! Join us so that you can help do outreach in the community, engage in political advocacy, and work to elect pro-reproductive freedom candidates in the Beehive.